As a member of our Operations team, you will help execute and build the systems to help fund managers manage a growing portfolio of early-stage, late-stage, and pre-IPO FinTech investments. You will report directly to the fund managers based in San Francisco and NYC. In this position, you can work from our San Francisco or NYC office based on your needs.
Supporting over ~$600M in assets under management, 8 unicorns, and 31 market leading FinTech companies, Fin VC is the pinnacle of FinTech investing. Our strategy of building a scalable, innovative end-to-end platform for entrepreneurs has enabled us to be the go-to partner for FinTech B2B companies.
The ideal candidate will have a track record that demonstrates an understanding of the FinTech ecosystem, core financial concepts that will allow them to quickly master all aspects of venture/growth transactions and the ability to run critical business development plans across the firm’s portfolio. They will also be excited at the prospect of achieving our mission by supporting a next generation of startups and fund managers. You will:
- Own day-to-day execution for our portfolio management operations.
- Support portfolio companies around product strategy, talent sourcing, business development, global market and global expansion and support for future financing.
- Leverage the firm’s and your personal network to drive immediate results for the portfolio through potential customer, partner and channel introductions.
- Drive value to our strategic LPs (e.g. banks, insurers, asset managers) and work with their innovation teams to identify opportunities.
- Help guide portfolio companies during future capital raise, M&A and IPO events.
- Cultivate and display a deep understanding of our product offerings, our platform, the venture industry, and our mission.
- Continually identify and implement process improvements to improve our ability to deliver value to fund managers and their portfolio companies.
- Coordinate with product, operations, and functional teams to prioritize and drive portfolio offering development.
- Serve as an external face of Fin VC in industry events.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years-experience working as a Strategy, Business Development or Partnership lead at a FinTech company or in a finance-related role where you ideally provided context to private venture financings and the lifecycle of a venture backed company.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Both high EQ and high systems-analytic skills. Ideal candidates will have the ability to effectively bridge the need to manage external relationships with highly analytic internal software development and operational requirements.
- Experience in a rapidly scaling FinTech environment and/or the disposition to thrive amidst rapid change.
- DE&I candidates preferred.
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.