Program Overview: Fin VC is excited to offer a Venture Fellowship program which will have two cohorts of Fellows each year: 1) A six month part-time and virtual in-academic year program (opportunities to selectively work out of our SF/NYC office for local universities) – preference for Masters students, but consideration for undergraduates, particularly engineering/technical talent. The program will run October 1-April 15 with accommodations for the holidays; 2) A three month summer program (June 1-August 31), full time, preferably on-site in our SF or NYC offices.
Both programs are an opportunity for Fellows to learn how the venture capital world works from the inside, to deeply understand the FinTech and broader tech landscapes, and to develop the skills and relationships that are critical to becoming a successful investor or entrepreneur. Further, the experiences that Fellows have in working with Fin VC will solidify in-classroom learning through active real world application. Additionally, both roles come with compensation and provide opportunities for full time roles at Fin, within our portfolio companies, or extended network.
Fellows will work hands-on with our team in the following areas:
- Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification via academic research, customer interviews, conferences, incubator and University demo days, and peers (Angels/VCs).
- Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
- Help manage the investment pipeline process
- Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in the global market
Diligence and Investment Execution:
- Support the team’s initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments
- Support development of diligence materials and Investment Memo/Scorecard to assess market sizing, talent assessment, product-market fit, key metrics/financials, capital structure, valuation modeling and exit scenarios, risks, etc.
- Liaise with team members to support diligence checks (product, tech, and finance) and finalize investment execution (legal and finance)
Portfolio Company Operating Support:
- Help gather and manage portfolio performance, metrics, and financials on a Quarterly basis
- Support operating value across the portfolio, particularly in business development
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excitement to join an emerging manager and help build a specialist VC focused on FinTech globally
- Network and experiencing in working across the US and global markets
- Passion for the intersection of Financial Services and technology, along with InsureTech, and adjacent spaces
- B.A. or B.S. in related fields, technical experience a strong plus. MA/MBA candidates preferred.
- Diverse backgrounds preferred – we believe diverse teams drive better outcomes
- Strong grasp of technology trends and business models in FinTech
- Small working team experience, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and an exceptional work ethic and discipline.
- Preference and consideration given to foreign language capabilities, particularly in Spanish, Mandarin, and Arabic