Role Description: We are seeking to hire new teams member who are passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming the Financial Services industry. Fin VC has a global remit and is expanding its SF team. The role will report into Investment Partner, Peter Ackerson.
- Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification via academic research, customer interviews, conferences, incubator and University demo days, and peers (Angels/VCs).
- Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
- Help manage the investment pipeline process
- Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in the global market
Diligence and Investment Execution:
- Support the team’s initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments
- Support development of diligence materials and Investment Memo/Scorecard to assess market sizing, talent assessment, product-market fit, key metrics/financials, capital structure, valuation modeling and exit scenarios, risks, etc.
- Liaise with team members to support diligence checks (product, tech, and finance) and finalize investment execution (legal and finance)
Portfolio Company Operating Support:
- Support portfolio companies around product strategy, talent sourcing, business development, regional market and global expansion and support for future financing
- Help gather and manage portfolio performance, metrics, and financials on a Quarterly basis
- Support capital raising for the firm and portfolio company follow-on round growth financings
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excitement to join an emerging manager and help build a specialist VC focused on FinTech globally
- Deep network and experiencing in working across the US market
- Passion for the intersection of Financial Services and technology, along with RETech, InsureTech, and adjacent spaces
- 2-4 years (Associate), 3-5 years (Sr. Associate) of previous work experience, ideally with a background in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking with exposure to Financial Services / FinTech
- B.A. or B.S. in related fields, technical experience a strong plus. MBA preferred for Sr. Associate level.
- Strong grasp of technology trends and business models, ideally in FinTech
- Small working team experience, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and an exceptional work ethic and discipline
- Preference and consideration given to foreign language capabilities, particularly in Spanish, Mandarin, and Arabic
- SF or NYC based