Fin is a globally focused venture capital firm focused on the intersection of financial services and technology. We are looking to roll up our sleeves and partner with experienced entrepreneurs that have deep financial services experience, audacious goals, differentiated technology, and a global platform mindset. We are seasoned operators with deep corporate and start-up experience, we know what it’s like to walk in entrepreneurial shoes and we know how to move the needle for our companies.
Our logo represents the “Keel Fin,” which forms the foundation of every vessel, enabling it to stay on track, balanced, and upright through volatile waters. Similarly, at Fin VC, we serve as a hands-on fiduciary in steering our Portfolio Companies and Investors through the global Financial Technology waters.
B2B, with a focus on Enterprise SaaS companies
Flagship Strategy – US and Europe; Regional Strategies – APAC and MENA
Focus on Early Stage (Seed, Series A entry points with follow-on) in our fund strategies with consideration for Growth/Late Stage through our Co-Investment Platform
Early Stage – $500K-$10M, Growth/Late – $10-100M
- Alternative Finance – Lending and Banking
- Asset Management/Capital Markets
- Real Estate Tech
- Blockchain Enterprise Applications
- Enabling Tech: AI/Machine/Deep Learning, Big Data/Analytics, Cybersecurity, RegTech, and Infrastructure
High Level Investment Criteria
- B2B with SaaS recurring revenue model, 70-80%+ gross margins, low churn, high net retention, and other key metric differentiation
- Mission-critical stickiness to enterprise customers
- $1B+ TAM with clear scaling opportunity to expand into other geographies, channels, and product/service adjacencies
- Product is in the market and has adequate level of product-market fit validation – POC, revenue and/or bookings/GMV
- Exceptional founding team with a) Financial Services industry experience; b) Technical founder(s); and c) Repeat entrepreneurs
- Product/technology is clearly differentiated and has IP and natural moats/competitive advantages
- We can identify opportunities to add material operating value, as outlined below
High-Level Investment Criteria
- $1B+ TAM with clear scaling opportunity to expand into other geographies, channels, and product/service adjacencies.
- Product is in the market and has adequate level of product-market fit validation – POC, revenue and/or bookings/GMV.
- Strong founding team with a) Financial Services industry experience; b) Technical founder(s); and c) Repeat entrepreneurs.
- Product/technology is clearly differentiated and has moats/competitive advantages.
- We can clearly identify opportunities to add material operating value.
How We Move The Needle
- Equity, debt, and follow-on capital sourcing
- Global business development
- Talent sourcing and hiring
- Product roadmap strategy
- Tech stack scaling support
- Branding and marketing approach